17" 180/55ZR17 Avon Storm 2 Utra AV56 Rear Tire for Harley
The Storm 2 Ultra replaces Avon's Azaro-ST and builds on its predecessor's talents. Employing what's called 'Reactive Footprint' (RF) technology, the Storm-ST produces a footprint that changes size and shape depending on the bike's lean angle, growing in size the further over the bike goes. It means you get high grip through the corners yet in a straight line have a footprint which increases the Storm-STs lifespan. Avon's RF Technology questions the need for dual compound tread, which has uneven wear patterns associated with it.
The wet weather performance of the Storm-ST is outstanding, thanks in part to the tyre's Super-Rich Silica (SRS) compound. The extremely high silica content delivers optimum grip in the wet and dry. It also has the added benefit of warming up quickly.
On the front tyres, the Storm-ST benefits from Inverted Front Grooves (IFG) that resist stepped-wear and cupping, ensuring smooth handling for the life of the tyre and improving wet weather braking. The Enhanced Aqua Flow (EAF) pattern of the rear tyre also increases your safety and confidence in wet conditions.
- State of the Art sport touring design.
- Storm 2 Ultra is an evolution of the award winning Storm-ST range giving you more mileage and grip.
- Multi-compound Super Rich Silica (SRS) treads give rear tires an extra 12% mileage.
- New technology is incorporated in the 0 degree belting system and tuned dynamic stresses within the carcass.
- This new technology not only increases mechanical grip, giving improved traction in both the wet and dry, but also enhances handling and ride comfort.
For use on Harley-Davidson motorcycles and custom application.